To see an answer, just click on the question.
Please contact us if your question is not answered here.
- What is Webplus Shop?
- Webplus Shop is an online shopping cart that provides merchants the ability to open a business website which includes the ability to accept secure online credit card transactions with no computer programming skills required. All that is needed on the merchants side is a computer that is connected to the internet and basic computer skills. Webplus Shop is also tailored for the more advanced user with a focus on simplicity of store maintenance. All areas of your business website are customizable with our easy-to-use Merchant Interface. Simply choose a website theme design and begin adding products.
- How do I install Webplus Shop?
- There is nothing for you to install to use Webplus Shop. We host your website so you don't need to bother with installing or upgrading server software. All you need is a modern browser like Firefox 1.5 or higher, Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, or Safari 3.0 or higher.
- How do I set up my online store?
Webplus Shop is easy to set up in just minutes.
- Create your new online store with Webplus Shop.
- Choose your website theme design and enter your customer service contact information.
- Enter your products, shipping options, payment methods accepted and tax information.
- Market your business using a variety of methods, ranging from web advertisements and word-of-mouth to business cards and printed ads.
- Watch the orders come in.
- Can I use my own domain name (website address) for my store?
- Yes. Simply contact us to let us know what your domain name is and we will configure your store to use that domain name. If you don't have a domain name, we can help you decide on one. For a limited time, your new domain name is free with a paid hosting plan.
- I have thousands of products. Do I need to enter them all manually?
- No, you may choose to use the Webplus Shop Import/Export Wizard to save you hours of manually entering data. Webplus Shop currently supports Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, comma-separated values (CSV), semicolon-delimited or tab-delimited formats.
- Do I need to acquire a business license or tax ID?
- Many states require business licenses and/or tax ID numbers for all businesses. As a business owner, you need to ensure that you are in compliance with your state and local laws. Contact your state's Secretary of State Office for information regarding business licenses or other filings required. Your state's Department of Revenue will be able to tell you whether you need a tax ID number and how to acquire one.
Paid Plans vs Free Plans
- What is the difference?
All of our packages include all of the functionality of a Webplus Shop business website. There are four items which
differentiate the two. FREE vs paid, ads vs no ads, FREE domain name (www.YourNewWebsite.com) and the level of Webplus
If you don't want to pay a monthly fee you will want to select the "FREE store" option. Our "FREE" stores will include ads where paid stores are ad free. All of our paid packages include a FREE domain name of your choosing. If you select the "FREE" store option we would be happy to register a domain for you for $14.99. All paid plans include email support. The $49 and $99 paid plans also include telephone support so that you can simply give us a call to get your questions answered. If you select the "FREE" store option you are on your own if at any time you have questions regarding the use and functionality of Webplus Shop.
- What happens if I click on the ads within my website?
- Clicking on the ads offers you no benefit and is a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy meaning that we have the right to close your website without notice.
- Do I need to be a programmer or graphic designer to change my website theme design?
- Not at all. Choose from over 50 pre-defined website theme designs which you can customize using our easy to use Merchant Interface. New themes are added periodically so you can keep your store looking fresh. If you do have the skills to modify CSS and HTML files, you can customize your website's theme even further.
- Can I customize my website's theme to fit my brand identity?
- Yes. Most aspects of all pre-defined website theme designs are customizable without knowing any HTML. This includes the header, footer, text, all colors, and whether to enable or disable the display of various features.
- Can I integrate Webplus Shop into my existing website?
- Yes. Simply put a link on your website to the home page of your Webplus Shop business website. You can copy and paste the HTML of your website's header and footer into the corresponding location in the Webplus Shop Merchant Interface and change the store colors to match those of your website for a seamless transition for your customer.
- Can you professionally design my website for me?
- We would be glad to. Our professional design team can set up your business website in about 48 hours, once we get an idea of what you wish to achieve. Our professional website design package includes the entire site design as well as entering of the first 25 products. We would need images and descriptions of your products. Simply sign up for a "full service" hosting plan and we will contact you to discuss how you want it designed. Any examples of what you are looking for would be helpful.
- Do I need to know HTML?
- Absolutely not. Webplus Shop uses an easy editor that you can use to design your header, footer, introductory message and many other areas of your website without knowing any HTML. If you do know HTML, you can manually modify the HTML of those areas of the template to achieve desired results.
- How do customers find my website?
Marketing a brick and mortar business and an online business are very similar. As a business owner, you are in charge of
marketing your business website. There are many ways that Webplus Shop can help you increase your customer base. Your
website pages automatically have addresses/URLs that are designed to boost your search engine ranking. Webplus Shop
allows you to enter the product description as well as keywords, meta-tags, and many other Search Engine Optimization
There are many other ways that you can promote your business website including Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, Google Adwords, Keyword Top Rank programs, etc. For a limited time we are proud to offer you $25 in FREE advertising through one of our partners.
For further details on how to market your website please contact us.
- Can I use Google Analytics or any other visitor tracking services?
- Yes. Webplus Shop allows you to copy and paste your Google Analytics tracking code right into your website providing the ability to track your customers as they visit your store. This is essential when you use Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising in order to know how effective your ads are. You may also use other tracking services, if you wish.
- What does Webplus Shop do to help me get more customers?
- Webplus Shop helps you get more customers through its Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, designed to increase your search engine ranking. This helps customers find you easier when they do searches related to your business. These SEO techniques include the use of description, keywords and other custom meta-tags, search engine optimized URLs, customizable title tags, and other methods designed to make your website stand out in search engine rankings.
- What can I do to attract more business?
The possibilities are endless. You can do Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, printed ads, posting to related forums when
appropriate (make sure you read the forum's rules regarding advertising of websites), and many other methods.
Experts agree that the most cost-effective method for attracting more customers is through word-of-mouth. Make sure you tell all of your family, friends, relatives, coworkers, etc. about your website and ask them to pass on the word. It costs nothing and can build a strong business quickly.
Another important way to increase business is to make sure that all of your customers are as happy with the experience as possible. Encourage them to come back and tell their friends. Run ongoing promotions and utilize coupon codes to provide them with an incentive to come back and encourage them to tell their friends.
- How do I know when I get an order?
- You will receive an email notification automatically to the email address that you specify on the Store Settings page after a customer completes placing an order. This email notification can be disabled if you wish.
- What do I do when I get an order?
After receiving your email notification, you will sign-in to your Webplus Shop Merchant Interface and review the details of
the order. If you need more information from the customer, all of their contact information is shown. If the customer paid
with credit card, click "Receive Payment" to transfer the funds. It is considered to be best practice for online businesses
to transfer the credit card funds after you have packaged the order and are ready to ship it. If the order is paid for
manually, click the "Receive Payment" button when their payment arrives and clears the bank.
Then pack the order and address it to the Shipping Address. When you ship the package, click the "Ship Order" button on the order detail screen and enter the shipping information, such as tracking number, if applicable. This will automatically send an email to the customer notifying them the order is shipped and will provide them with the tracking number.
- What forms of payment can my customers use?
You can choose to accept payment from your customers using many payment methods, including credit card (Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, American Express), PayPal, eCheck, Fax, Phone, Check by Mail, Collect on Delivery (COD) or
company purchase order.
- Can I accept payments manually?
- Yes. You can accept Checks by Mail, payment by fax or phone, Collect on Delivery (COD) or company purchase order.
- What is a merchant account?
A merchant account is a bank account that is designed to allow a business to accept credit card payments online.
Each merchant who wishes to accept credit card payments directly must have a merchant account with a bank. Each
bank has its own terms of service to which the merchant must follow.
If you wish to accept credit card payments without obtaining a merchant account with your bank, you can choose to accept payments via PayPal.
- What is a payment gateway?
- A payment gateway is a service that securely authorizes and processes credit card transactions using a merchant account. When a customer enters their credit card information into the secure checkout page, their information is passed to the payment gateway the merchant has chosen to use. The payment gateway processes the transaction and transfers the funds from the customer's account to the merchant account.
- What payment gateways does Webplus Shop support?
- Webplus Shop is integrated with the following credit card/e-check payment gateways, with more being added regularly:
Security and Privacy
- Are my customer transactions secure?
- Yes. Webplus Shop protects your customer's information with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption free of charge. This is the highest industry-standard protection to transmit sensitive credit card information securely.
- Is Webplus Shop PCI-Compliant?
Yes. Webplus Shop is PCI-Compliant and follows best practices, including never showing more than the last 4 digits
of a credit card number (even to the merchant) and deleting sensitive credit card information from its databases
after it is used.
Additionally, our servers are protected with a solid hardware firewall and our database servers are not accessible to the Internet. The servers are stored in our data center in Aberdeen, South Dakota in a climate and temperature- controlled server room. All data is automatically backed up nightly.
- How is my website Merchant Interface secured?
The Webplus Shop Merchant Interface is secured primarily by your username and password. It is important that you
choose a secure password and you keep it safe.
Additionally, the Merchant Interface is protected with the same 128-bit SSL encryption that protects customer credit card information while it is being transmitted through the Internet.
If you choose to use the "Remember Me" functionality, which allows you to remain logged in for up to 60 days without having to re-enter your username and password, make sure you are on a private computer that only you have access to. Your login information is stored on a cookie in an encrypted format while you have "Remember Me" enabled. The data in this cookie is automatically verified whenever you re-visit your Merchant Interface while the cookie is valid.
To disable "Remember Me" and delete the login cookie, click the "Logout" button.
- Do I have to buy my own SSL certificate?
- No. You can choose to use our SSL certificate for free for your customer single-page checkout and your Merchant Interface. If you wish to have your domain name continue to appear on these screens with SSL, you may contact us to purchase your own certificate.
Hosting, Domain Names and Email
- What software do I need to use Webplus Shop?
- You don't need any special software to control your website. Our shopping cart software is completely operated using a modern web browser, such as Firefox 1.5 or higher, Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher or Safari 3.0 or higher.
- Can I access my Merchant Interface from any computer?
- Yes. You can access your website from any computer with a modern web browser and an Internet connection. If you are on vacation and accessing your website Merchant Interface from an Internet cafe, public library, or any other computer that you do not own, it is highly recommended that you do not check the "Remember Me" box on the login screen.
- Who will be hosting my website?
Your website is hosted by Webplus, Inc. in our secure, climate-controlled data center in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Our
servers are extremely reliable, offering over 99.9% uptime and automatic daily backups.
We take care of all tasks associated with hosting a website, including installing and upgrading software, maintaining high security, maximizing uptime, etc. so you can focus on growing your business.
- What is a domain name?
A domain name is your website address. An example of a domain name is "www.webplusshop.com". It is important to have a
domain name so that your customers can remember and find your website.
Contact us for a Free consultation about your domain name to help you choose one that will
be most memorable for your customers.
For a limited time, receive 1 FREE domain name with your paid hosting plan.
- Can I have more than one domain name go to my website?
- Yes. You can have as many domain names as you wish all pointing to your business website.
- Can I have an email address for my store?
- Yes. Let us know and we will set up a free email address for your website. You can have up to 100 email addresses for free.
Webplus Shop Pricing
- What are the startup costs?
If you choose to setup your Webplus Shop Online Business website yourself the only set up fee that you will incur is
the small monthly fee based on the number of products that you choose sell. Many other shopping cart website companies
charge high setup fees or % of your online sales. We don't charge any of these additional fees.
You can also have our professional design team set up your website for you for an additional investment.
- What are the ongoing costs after I have started?
Depending on the hosting plan you choose, there will be a monthly amount charged to your credit card or PayPal account.
There are no "percent of sale" transaction fees for Webplus Shop, though your payment gateway may charge a small fee to handle your credit card transactions. Contact your payment gateway for more information about their fees.
- Can I cancel anytime?
Absolutely. If you cancel during your first month, your credit card or PayPal account will not be charged the hosting
fee. If you cancel after your first month, you will not be charged any additional fees (such as penalties). You will
be able to use your website until the end of the billing cycle.
If you decide to re-activate your website, simply sign-in to the Merchant Interface and enter your current payment information.
- How do I cancel my account?
You can cancel your account at any time by logging into the merchant interface and selecting the "Settings"
tab and then selecting "Hosting Plan". Once you are on the "Hosting Plan" page, click "I wish
to cancel my hosting plan".
Once you cancel you won't be charged again, but you are responsible for whatever charges have already been incurred for the current billing period. For example, if your billing cycle is on the 18th of every month, and you cancel on the 24th, you'll still have to pay for the current month, but you won't be charged again after that. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- Is it easy to upgrade my plan as my business grows?
- Yes. Simply select a higher plan that has the number of products and features you need and enter your payment information. You will be billed at the new rate at the next billing cycle, but you will have access to the upgraded features immediately.
- How am I billed for my website?
- Once each month, your credit card or PayPal account will be automatically billed. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Can I sell downloadable or visual products using Webplus Shop?
Yes. A downloadable product is a file, such as a report, software, e-book or any other type of file. After purchasing,
the customer can download the product file using a special link shown to them on the receipt page. This link is only valid
for a single click to prevent it from being usable from chat rooms or other websites. If the customer needs to download it
a second time, they can download it again from their Order History page. You can restrict how many times a file is downloaded
per order, or how many days it is valid.
A visual product is a product that consists of only text, such as a password, phone card access code, software serial number, etc. After purchasing, the visual product content appears directly on the receipt page for the customer.
Please contact us if your question is not answered here.